Location aware coming home

Home/Hue Forum/Location aware coming home
Location aware coming home 2016-07-28T10:07:25+00:00

Home Forums Hue Forum Location aware coming home

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 58 total)
  • Author
  • Profile photo of Paul MatthewsPaul Matthews
    Participant

I have a coming home routine, but can’t see how to set the location aware bit. If I turn it on, it brings up a little map, but I see no “save location” option, and if I exite, thelocation aware is unset.

Android – google Nexus 5x

Any ideas what I am doing wrong?
    Thanks,
    Paul.

Profile photo of Paul MatthewsPaul Matthews
    Participant

I have uninstalled & reinstalled the app as well.

Profile photo of sevsev
    Keymaster

I think this is a known issue at the moment, I’ve heard of a few people having this problem and Philips has been made aware.

Profile photo of Paul MatthewsPau

Thanks

david jovanni perez

I have the same issue with the location aware coming home function. I am using a Samsung Galaxy S7 edge.

Profile photo of sevsev
    Keymaster

It seems to be an issue across multiple devices including iPhones, iPads, and other android devices. Philips is working on it though, hopefully we’ll have a resolution soon.

Chris

So looks like they have not bothered to resolve this yet, the app performance is pretty terrible across the board. doesn;t see, to recognize me as logged in half the time on the routines tab but when I go to the login tab it tells me I’m logged in to myHue. horrible that this has been going on for months after dropping all this cash on the hardware

Andy

This may be slightly off-topic, and if it is then I apologize for the threadjack, but I am having a “coming home” issue as well and am looking for some advice. I was able to set up a “coming home” routine using a number of different setups, including the native Hue app, Hue Pro, Tasker and Yonomi, as well as using them for both location and network detection to trigger the routine (the routine is nothing more complex than “turn lights on”). In all of these combinations, the routines *work* – but not right away. They don’t trigger until I’ve actually been inside the house for a few minutes., which obviously defeats the purpose.

I suspect this issue is due to the polling rate on my phone (s7 Edge) of both location and network, but I can’t be sure. Has anyone encountered this issue as well? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers,
    Andy

Kandi Dubuque

I have purchased the Hue lighting system and am having trouble setting up my Home and Away routines. I set it up but can not save it…very upsetting. One of the main reasons this system was purchased. There is no option to save my location when turning it on. I have an android phone. Please help!!!

Profile photo of sevsev
    Keymaster

The issue with saving routines is because the timezone on your hue bridge is wrong. Go into Settings/Hue Bridges and select your bridge, then select time zone. Change your timezone to the correct one and save it. Try to save your routine again and it should work.

Jeremy

Same issue here with Galaxy S7. It will not keep location aware active once I close the app. Works fine on my wife’s iPhone so the problem seems to be with the Android app. I’ve tried reinstalling it to no avail.

That’s not it – I may try changing it then setting it back. My timezone is correct.

Profile photo of sevsev
    Keymaster

I was talking about Kandi’s issue with saving routines. Saving location aware has not been resolved yet.

NotRequiredByME

Oh my god. Worst fucking gadget ever. Location awareness is crucial. Why the fuck dont they fix it? I’d rather have dumb lights than this shit not working.

PHILIPS, PULL YOUR FINGER OUT OF YOUR…

Participant

Sorry Sev!.

It is rather frustrating – I’d rather they fix existing issues than work on new features

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 58 total)
Reply To: Location aware coming home
Your information:

Skip to toolbar