Questions in Starting my Hue System

Home/Hue Forum/Questions in Starting my Hue System
Questions in Starting my Hue System 2016-12-27T13:35:19+00:00

Home Forums Hue Forum Questions in Starting my Hue System

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Hey Everyone,

I’ve been researching Hue a bit for the last few months and for the holidays I got gifted some money to start off my Hue System at home. In the long run I want/need to replace the GU10 lights that run through my kitchen with Hue lights, about 6 in total. However, in looking at the starting kits I saw this option https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B014H2OZAC/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

I know its the Gen 2 hub which is the newest as well as Gen 2 white only bulbs, and I was thinking about putting those in a bedroom for wake-up lights (I have no windows in my room) Just wanted to make sure these would still work, or that there isn’t some better kit to get to start seeing as most of the lights I’m replacing are the GU10

Thanks for any help you guys and gals can provide!

Profile photo of sevsev
    Keymaster

The hue white bulbs are only going to produce a 2700K color, to take advantage of Philips hue wake up feature in the app you would want something that can at least change kelvins to make the effect work. I would suggest the white and ambiance starter kit and you could get the white & ambiance GU10 bulbs separate.

More info on the White & Ambiance bulbs here and here is the White & Ambiance Starter kit.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: Questions in Starting my Hue System
Your information:

Skip to toolbar