LawrenceAugust 29, 2017 at 6:37 pmPost count: 0
Just got a second hue color starter set for my work place (have lots of hue lights at home)
3rd Gen color starter kit.
One of the three bulbs keeps turning itself back on to the default color & brightness, as if the power is turned off then on to it.
I tried the following with no luck:
• making sure the app & the bridge firmware were up to date.
• deleting // re-adding the bulb multiple times in the Hue app.
• assigning a static IP to the Hue Bridge.
• rebooting my iPhone and the Hue Bridge at the same time.
• placing the bulb in different lamps and different outlets. Including ones where the other bulbs function properly.
• running Clean Up on the bridge via the Hue app.
Nothing has resolved the issue.
It does seem to only happen after the bulb has been on at least 10 minutes. Perhaps it’s overheating?
The other two bulbs that came with the starter set are functioning properly. So just one of the three is malfunctioning.
Does anyone have any other suggestions as to what might resolve this issue?
Thanks in advance!!!!LawrenceSeptember 5, 2017 at 6:50 pmPost count: 0
Somewhere I read to try to run the bulbs very dim before trying to turn it off. That didn’t work either.
Very frustrating to the point where I almost can’t use this bulb.
Does anyone have a suggestion?LawrenceSeptember 5, 2017 at 6:58 pmPost count: 0
There are no routines running.
There are no apps // scenes // animantions running.
I also tried changing the zigbee channel to 25 (as suggested on reddit for this issue). All of my lights blink to acknowledge the change. But the one problematic light still turns back on whenever I try to turn it off.LawrenceSeptember 5, 2017 at 7:04 pmPost count: 0
• This is happening in the US — standard 110 volt sockets. (I’ve read where some people believe it’s the 220 current in Europe and other places causing the problem)
• When the problem light is a color and I turn it off, it comes back on right away “normal” light color, as the 3G colored lights do when powered off then on again via the socket as opposed to the app. Also it comes on bright white right away — no fade — so it seems as though the bulb is acting as if it’s physical switch was toggled.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.