Home Forums Hue Forum How do I turn a single light or group (Room)of lights off with the Smart Button?

Tagged: 

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I have hue smart bulbs in my hall and landing configured as a room called ‘Passage’.

I have bought a couple of smart buttons and want to use them to control the hall and landing lights, cycling through presses something like Hall Only->Hall & Landing->Landing Only->Hall & Landing Off.

It’s the last step I’m stuck on. I can’t create a scene with all lights off and the long press of the Smart Button only has the option for ‘Dimming’, ‘All Lights Off’ and ‘Do Nothing’.

The ‘All lights off’ option does just that, turns all the Hue lights in the house off, not just the ones in the room assigned to the Smart Button.

Can anyone help?

Anonymous
    Inactive

I came here with the same problem – that the smart button can only turn off all lights, not just those it has been set to turn on.

Who knows whether Philips will add the feature we are wanting as a future software update?

In the meantime, I have discovered that the Philips Hue Dimmer remote control – the rectangular one with on/off and brighter/dimmer buttons – does the job you and I want the smart button to do.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.