Hue bridge not found

//Hue bridge not found
Hue bridge not found 2017-12-26T12:54:40+00:00

Home Forums Hue Forum Hue bridge not found

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Author

Ok, plugged in the hue bridge, tried everything. Getting 3 lights but no bridge is found…losing it, help. Please help…

admeeran

Is your phone connected to the same network?

goodbyegalaxy

I have the same issue, but only when trying to link my My Hue account to the bridge (setting up the app initially worked, though it did take a few attempts).

I can now control the lights from the app, but after account creation you are taken to a page “Time to link your bridge”. It gives you a minute to push the button on the hub, but when I do nothing happens (timer eventually just expires and says “Oops. Failed to link bridge”).

I found a few old posts with the exact same issue, and it seems like some Phillips service was down for a day or so (this might make sense if their services are overloaded after Christmas): https://www.reddit.com/r/Hue/comments/6n8anu/pulling_my_hair_out_app_works_ok_cant_connect_to/

I’ve been trying for a couple days now, power cycling the hub and trying to connect, and still nothing. Is anyone else running into this (or has anyone else successfully linked a My Hue account to a bridge since Christmas)?

Charlie

I am having the same problem. Was also told by tech that website was having problems, but I did think he was trying to get rid of me. Tried calling Tech help again and he told me to contact my service provider and make sure that the universal plug and play was enabled, and that port 3000 was open. Anyone else having this problem?

Robert

This thing is junk and its going back. You would think that in 2017, product design engineers would understand plug and play. I have been fighting this thing for 2 hours. Unplug, re-plug, reset modem and router, try to connect hue bridge manually, followed crap hue directions verbatim. The “directions” are 3 lousy bullet points and dont provide the user with any useful information.

I’m sorry but this thing sucks. I an a Sr Design Assurance engineer and let me tell ya…Philips neglectec useability engineering and ease of use issues. Sorry Philips, you get 1 shot at customet satisfaction and you blew it.

Charlie

I don’t know what happened. Maybe there was a trouble with the website. I tried the same thing I did yesterday to get connected to my bridge, and surprise surprise, it connected! All is working well with Google Home assistant now.

Shirin khorchid

Cannot find my hue bridge, shifted to another house all lights are solid connected directly to router but still cannot find it. Any help is appreciated.

george carleton

hue disco app can not find bridge even after manual try.

W Smith

Just tried to set up the Philips Hue bridge (2 hours wasted)
    1st light (power) and 2nd light (router conection) are ON but not the 3rd light (internet connection indicator).
    Instructions are great, if it works but NO help if it doesn’t. Pressing the button doesn’t help connect or entering the IP address manually. YouTube makes it look so easy.

Lawrence Hall

cannot find bridge tried restarting all three lights on plugged into main router?

Arrington Dixon

Hue bridge not found

David Steiner

I have only one light and my lights won’t work. There is NOTHING on the website to assist in this situation. Your FAQ’s suck, to put it politely.

No advice on your site and no phone support. No support at all other than this. And I’m not expecting I’ll get ananswer before dawn. Back to light switches. Those still work.

David E. Steiner, Ph.D., Lt.Col. USAF (Ret)
    http://www.davidesteiner.com

yisus

Same issue,

What is the solution, wait until Philips sends a new update?

GW Hicks

I recently upgraded my cable modem to xFinity’s new XB6 modem. It took a bit of work, but I got it all working yesterday. Today though, I have NO HUE CONNECTION in the app. Two lights solid, the third is flashing. The WiFi is working, my phone and tablet connect fine, but the hue bridge isn’t connecting. I hope this isn’t the technological wonder everyone is talking about. ARRRGH.
    As you know, the hue bridge requires an internet connection. but because of it’s central location in my house, using a cable to connect is a challenge. So, I have been using a TP-LINK RE200 WiFi range extender (which has been working for years) to plug the bridge in to it. Third light is still flashing… Now where did I put that mile-long Ethernet cable…

GW Hicks

Hello again All, I think I have fixed the problem I was having trying to connect my Hue Bridge to the internet. As you may recall, my issue was that the first two lights on the bridge were on solid, but the third (i.e. Internet) light was flashing. I was also using a TP-LINK RS200 WiFi Range Extender and it dawned on me that I had set it up for the 2.4Ghz band PLUS the 5Ghz band. Once I removed the 5Ghz WiFi name and password (to prevent the RS200 from using the 5Ghz band-which is a no-no for Hue lighting) my third light stopped flashing and I finally had a good HUE CONNECTION to the Hue Bridge in the Hue App. So in the end, the issue was both mine to describe and resolve.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar