Home Forums Hue Forum Hue HDMI Sync Box issues

Tagged: 

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I have a new HDMI Sync Box.
    In my setup, the Sync box is connected to my Denon AV receiver’s second monitor output.
    It is not connected to any output device (TV) because I prefer to receive the HDMI directly from my receiver. This way, unsupported features by Sync Box (HDR10+ etc.) won’t be an issue.

My TV is connected to the first monitor output of my receiver. ANd the receiver mirrors any input video to both HDMI output.

Unfortunately, automatic controls do not work for me.
    I want the Sync box to turn on when it detects that my AV receiver is turned on. However, I understand that it is built to turn on when it detects the output device (TV) is on.
    Is there a way to sync it with my receiver’s CEC ? (if not, could this be added as a feature request to Philips ?)

Anyway, if we pass this point, I want it to start light sync when it detects video signal. But it does not. This feature is available in the settings but does not work for me. Is there anything I am missing ?

Also, if it wont turn on automatically, I want to leave it on forever. Is that a problem ? Would it cause anything ?

thanks for all replies…

mrmrmrmr
    Participant

really ?
    10 days and not a single response ?
    Hue community is really very weak…

J
    Participant

Hey,

Just bought a sync the other day. And… don’t have it in front of me right now.

But if I remember correctly, there were options in the settings of the app (Hue Sync/Android) that were about turning CEC on or off, and also to set power on when Hue noticed a signal from the sending device (Firestick, Shield, Xbox, etc.)

Did you check those?

mrmrmrmr
    Participant

sure I checked all.
    it just does not work as expected.

this is a new product. I hope they develop it and at some time it gets integrated into Hue-AmazonAlexa skill.
    I really would like to turn it on and start sync with a voice command.

Sven
    Participant

Hi,

I have the same setup and the same “problems”.

First one is easy: Monitor 2 does not suppert HDMI controls (CED), so you will never be able to automatically activate your sync box by hdmi signal. You can get around that by connection the sync box with an usb port of your TV, and activate the usb power option in the sync app. Than the box will power on and off with your tv. Maybe your AVR has an USB too, so you can use that. Did not test with my Denon AVR USB Port if working, but as long as the usb power does turn on/off with AVR it should work.

The second problem is the same with my setup (also Denon AVR with sync box on Monitor 2). The sync will not start automatically with the AVR (and TV) turned on or by getting hdmi signal from the source selected in AVR. Also the sync will stop suddenly sometime and if I switch source it also stops the sync (which is okay on hdmi signal loss) but does not start for the new source automatically (which should happen if I configured to detect hdmi signal to start syncing).

Unfortunatly I found no solution for the second problem by now.

Regards,
    Sven

Sven
    Participant

I forgot to mention a third problem of mine:

Every now and then the sync box can not find the hue bridge. When detecting the bridge in sync app manually it finds the bridge and starts syncing automatically. Unfortunatly the sync box does not detect the bridge automatically after losing it.

Sven
    Participant

I looked through some boards on the internet and they say the sync box is passing through the hdmi signal an all features to the TV. So there should be no need to connect sync box the Monitor 2. Maybe this will help with the auto sync not working problem. I will test to put the sync box between Monitor 1 and TV. Maybe that will help.

Also Montitor 2 does output the exact same signal as Monitor 1, so if you are for example playing an Dolby Vision movie sync box will not work on Monitor 2 if Dolby Vision is passed through or active in the AVR and TV. If sync box is sitting between AVR (Monitor 1) and TV it will also not work with Dolby Vision signal but TV should still work.

The option HDMI Monitor 1 > Sync Box > TV will offer you full CEC support also.

mrmrmrmr
    Participant

well, CEC on my TV is not important for me. Because I don’t use CEC features at all.
    But getting HDR10+ and Dolby Atmos (7.1) audio is important.
    So, maybe I can swap and use HDMI sync box on monitor 1 and TV on monitor 2.

Btw, I never had the problem “sync box can not find the hue bridge”. That’s weird.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.