Hue Lightstrip Plus Brightness not the same as existing

//Hue Lightstrip Plus Brightness not the same as existing
Hue Lightstrip Plus Brightness not the same as existing 2019-04-01T19:11:47+00:00

Home Forums Hue Forum Hue Lightstrip Plus Brightness not the same as existing

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Participant

My contractor has almost finished the installation of Lightstrip Plus for my undercounter lights. They are great except for one problem. One of the sections is not as bright as the rest. The setup consists of the main strip and several extensions, separated and connected by extension wires and connectors.

Today, they had to go and buy a replacement main strip from Best Buy (I bought and supplied the rest of the lights from Amazon). The end result is that all of the lights are working and synchronized color-wise, but the first segment (the one purchased from Best Buy) is not as bright as the remaining install.

The electricians are thinking that it’s a different lot number and that is causing the difference in brightness. If the extensions were dimmer, I could see that it might be due to a voltage drop but with the dimmer strip being the first in line it doesn’t make sense.

I have a great picture that shows the install, but don’t know how to upload it.

Does anyone have any idea if different lot numbers could cause this problem, or if there is possibly another problem that might be causing this difference. We are all scratching our heads at the moments.

Thanks in advance for any advice anyone might be able to provide.

David
    Participant

The dimmer strip is on the bottom right, near the fridge.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar