Possible to remove lights from scene?

//Possible to remove lights from scene?
Possible to remove lights from scene? 2017-01-26T18:36:31+00:00

Home Forums Hue Forum Possible to remove lights from scene?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Hello,

Hue newbie here! I was wondering if it’s possible to have scenes run in a room, but only control certain bulbs and not all of them in that room?

I would like to be able to use a dimmer switch to control my bedside lamp without altering the status of the other bedside lamp (also has a dimmer switch).

Thanks,

sev
    Keymaster

This would not be possible because the hue app organizes lights into rooms and the scenes in a room will control all the lights within that room. You would have to create a separate room just for that lamp and then assign it to the dimmer.

Daniiel

Thanks for your reply, that is a shame!

Hopefully they will add something like this to the app in the future.

Winston

You can downgrade to the gen 1 app, and it does that. They aren’t likely to add this feature because they literally took it away from us with an upgrade. Go figure.

Peter McNally
    Participant

There is a simple workaround.
    Let’s say you have a scene called Afternoon. Edit rename to AfternoonX
    Select AfternoonX to make it your active scene.
    Within the App – click the light status icon (the .—) and switch off the lights you don’t want in your scene.
    Tap the “New Scene” button. Then “Tap to enter name”
    Enter “Afternoon” then “Save”. Important – then tap the tick mark top-right of screen.

You now have “Afternoon” without the lights you switched off, but all the other remaining lights with their settings unchanged.
    You can delete AfternoonX

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar