Welcome to Hue Tips!
Philips announced 3 new lamps that will be available soon for Philips Hue. These new lamps are white ambiance so they are able to change different kelvins, but not colors. Check below for specifications and availability.
Philips has announced two new Philips Hue bulbs to add you to your system, hue E12 base White & color and a White & Ambiance candelabra. Availability is late 2017, no exact release date has been set.
A Hue application update was released today that allows you to change all the lights in a room to the same color and moved the settings icon with the other hue options. Here are the official patch notes.
IOS and Android Hue App 2.8.0:
- Set the entire room to a specific color by tapping the room icon! Just like you can with an individual light.
- Create a scene from your current light settings from the “plus” button in the scenes tab of a room.
- No longer will you need to detach your finger to reach the settings icon! You can now find the settings in the tab bar.
- Adding new rooms or reshuffling your lights? Now Siri & HomeKit automatically learn about new rooms, lights, scenes and update them automatically.
- Using widgets or Hue accessories? We’ve now made it easier for you to select your entire home.
- Various bug fixes and stability improvements.
This new application update is available for Android and IOS.
What’s New in the 2.7 Update.
– HomeKit improvements:
– You can add multiple Hue scenes to a HomeKit scene. This allows you to turn on multiple rooms using a single Siri voice command.
– You can add Hue scenes to your existing HomeKit scenes, including the default scenes: Arrive Home, Good Morning, Good Night and Leave Home.
– Bug fixes and stability improvements.
Bug fixes and stability improvements.
What’s New in Version 2.6.0
– Added iPad support
– Improved iOS 10 support, you can now 3D Touch the app icon to quickly access your widgets
– Improved scene edit, now you can also edit your custom scenes both with and without a picture
– Bug fixes and stability improvements